I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

November 14, 2011

!Happy Birthday Parker BabyGirl!
Love, Rachel

Family,

We have been working really hard to find people. It just seems like there aren't too many people willing to listen to our message. It is super hard and frustrating when you see people that need the gospel, that need the comfort and the peace that comes from it, but they aren't willing to listen. I just want so badly for them to listen, to feel it, and to recognize the love that our heavenly father has for them. I pray that someday they will feel it and accept it.

This week was a silly one because our car broke down and we were on bikes. Now, normally i would love that, during the summer riding bikes was my favorite, but this week it was in the low 40's and it even was raining one of the days. I was so bummed...never in my life did I think that I would be in Arlington, Virginia, in November, riding a bike through the cold rain....in a skirt! There was a moment or maybe a couple, were I thought to myself, 'pounders beach, sunshine, Hawaii' haha. I just wanted out of the situation so bad. I had a really good talk with God for the 45 minute bike ride back home haha...I realized in that moment how naive I was, I mean, Jesus Christ suffered everything, his burden was so much heavier and deeper than mine ever has been, his walk was alone, he didn't complain, he never murmured, he just did it, because he loves us. I learned some good stuff that day. And you know what, I also learned the Lord always has a plan for us. Because we were riding bikes, we stayed in the Arlington area and we knocked some apartments that we normally would not knock(because we had knocked them the previous month). Well, we were knocking and found a family of 4 from El Salvador. They are so good, and they want to learn more. This work is incredible, I mean honestly, it is not the work of man, it is the work of God, he provides the way we go, the words we say, and prepares the hearts of the people. This is God's work. I'm stoked! I love you all.

Cubo
RR