I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

July 16, 2012


Hey Everyone
This weekend we were so blessed.  A family of three got baptized and then a 14 year old girl, Maylis also got baptized.  Martha(Colombia), Fredy(Guatemala) y Kamila Pantaleon...we found them in a subway.  My companion was in the bathroom, so I started talking to them and we got a return appointment. With time, we started visiting them regularly.  The only problem was that Martha was extremely Catholic. She grew up praying to the Virgin Mary and everything, but she said she felt like there was something she was missing and she wanted her family to be united.  Well, we finally started getting to teach Fredy, her husband, and he quickly embraced the gospel.  He started changing... leaving things behind, like alcohol and coffee, and he told us that he just felt good at church.  He felt at peace, different than ever before.  So we invited them to be baptized and they said yes!  It was so incredible to see each one of them leave the water...first Fredy with tears coming down his face, then Martha and then Kamila.  She said to us right after that she had been searching and pleading for God to help her family and then He heard her pleads and sent us.  That moment was so humbling and so special for me.  I love them so much and am so excited for when they can enter into the temple and be sealed forever.  I know this gospel is true momma, I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us and I know that our family will be together forever, that we will see Dad and Grandpa again and we will all just celebrate.  That's all God wants for us... to be happy.  We just have to do our part.  But it is a beautiful thing.  I love you momma, tons.
Cubo
RR