I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

Monday October 8, 2012


Dear Sweet Momma---
 
Oh Africa, it just sounds buck wild.  I hope that you know how grateful I am for you, I am grateful for your willingness to always go and help those who are in need, grateful for your patience and perseverance...I just love you so much.  I'm excited for when all of you get home, so you can be able to enjoy in those comforts of home, not to mention all the American candy you want without having to travel to the embajada. 
 
As for me, this week was pretty sweet...I'm just kind of really tired to be honest.  We are just trying to work until we drop, which is the best way to work.  There truly is no feeling more satisfying than that of being exhausted in the work of the Savior.  The days when I am exhausted are the days when I know that the Lord is proud of me, and I hope that even after my mission I can stay that way, just doing God's work, serving others, being more focused on the eternal things than on the worldly things. 
 
I've been thinking a lot lately about that scripture in Mosiah... that the natural man is an enemy to God and will forever be unless he puts off the natural man and becomes as a little child, meek, humble, submissive.  I love that concept.  When I think of little children, I think of sweet human beings, who love all they meet, they see the good before they see the bad, they trust, they give, they help others, they are sad with those that are sad, they walk with those who ask them to, they are patient, they laugh, they listen to the counsels of their father, they try anything and most the time they do it with out questioning why, they walk and they go, they have faith and they are willing to learn, they can hear and feel the Spirit and they trust it.
 
Momma, that is what it is all about, I am excited to come home and be with you all but at the same time I am so nervous because I know that that's when the real test will begin.  When I will have to apply all the things I have learned out here.  When I will actually be in the world having to put off the natural man, finding the way to balance it all.  I hope and pray with all my heart that I can be as a little child, that I will always remember the things of eternal value instead of those of the worldly.  Something that Elder Holland or President Uchtdorf said I think, was that once we start this journey, we cannot look back but we must look forward and go.  Mom, I can not look back to my past, but I must go and always be a disciple of Jesus Christ because that is what is most important.  I know this Gospel is true, I have been blessed with that knowledge and testimony and will forever have the responsibility to share it and live it.  I'm grateful for it, for my Savior and for my family.  I am excited to be with you all and to begin the rest of the journey, the rest of my mission.  I love you.
 
Cubo
RR