I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

Tuesday October 30, 2012



Hey Mommacita!
 
Thanks for filling me in on everything...man, I cant believe it, time has really started to fly by the last two weeks, its so wild!
I can't believe that I will be home soon, and that we will all be together for the first time in a long time!  I'm excited. And I'm a little nervous as well ha ha, but I guess that comes with the mission, right?
 
As for the storm...nothing really happened, just lots of rain and wind, we still went out and worked and saw lots of miracles because of it...Angel and Lissette now have a date for baptism - the 25th of November.  It's kind of sad for me that I won't be there to see this one through, but I know that God will take care of them.
I think, momma, that this is going to be the hardest part about leaving the mission - that I won't be able to visit, to teach and to see these people.  I love them so much, they have become my dearest friends.  It makes me think about something that Matty told me right before I left... there was a point where I called him, freaking out saying, "Matty, I think I want to come back to Hawaii"...to which, in Matty style,  he calmly said "Rachel, you can't"... He told me that before this life I had made a promise.  I had made a promise with my greatest friends, in the pre-existence, that I would come down and find them, that I would share with them the gospel.  He said that if I didn't go, I would be denying them the gospel and breaking my promise - I would miss out.  Man, I am so grateful I came, because I can truly say I have met my greatest friends. I have been so blessed because of it.  I will forever be grateful for it, for this time, for all the it has given me, for the friendships I have made, for the growth I have received.
 
I am excited to get to hang out with you momma, ahhh, alone time with momma, lets just cuddle and watch movies ha ha...as for after the mission, I haven't really thought too much about what to do, I think I'm going to  need to go to Utah for a bit though at some point... so... road trip?
 
Well momma, I love you, I will write you one last email next week... I'm going to send a package home to you tomorrow with some books and stuff...but yeah, love you tons!
 
Cubo
Raquel
 
PS:   HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA WALLY...and thanks for the letter, love you papa and granny jo see you soon.