I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

Walking

Tonight, after work, I was walking home and decided to take a detour.  So I took my shoes off and began to walk, from campus, to the ocean.

I don't know what it is but since coming back to hawaii, back home, I have felt this desire to never take it for granted, to not waste a second, to enjoy the beauty of it all.

As I was walking on the beach towards my house, I began to look at the stars and I just felt overwhelmed, overwhelmed with gratitude.  I do not know what I did to deserve this, who am I to be so blessed, but I am blessed.  I am living the most beautiful life.  I have a wonderful family, incredible friends, and peace of mind.   I know why I am here,  I find comfort in knowing that God is aware of me, in every moment of everyday and knowing that as long as I strive to do his will, he will place me where I need to be.

I am grateful.