I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

December 19, 2011

Hey Everyone---

So this week was kind of the same as most weeks...

We went to work, knocking doors, and teaching people.

I had a crazy little experience knocking doors though, a man opened his door and said to us, "there must be a God, two beautiful girls at my door", to which I responded with a "well, yea, there is a God and we are actually here to share about him". Then things changed...he said "oh well I am sorry for you. I have one thing to say: I am an atheist". Then he went on to say some rude things which I wont write. It was really an interesting thing for me to see, I mean it just hit me really hard in that moment, how sad and empty it all seemed. How hopeless it must be, to live a life not believing that there was not anything more than just this. I am so grateful that I know that there is more, that is life is but a trial in the grand scheme of things and that not only eternal life lies beyond this, but eternal happiness. I know that God is real, that he exists, that he loves me. I know my purpose and I am so blessed to have this knowledge, to know that I can be with my family forever, and recieve true and lasting joy. I guess that was the only thing I wanted to share with you all...that I know and that we are lucky to have this truth and understanding.

I am so stoked to get to talk to you all on Christmas, its gonna be good. I love you all.

Cubo
RR