I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012 Hey everyone, This week has been a week I will never forget. Let me start of by saying I am still serving in Alexandria but now I am with Hermana Dezzeo, from Venezuela. Alright, so the Lord has been blessing us insurmountably. As of right now we have 5 people preparing to be baptized el Cinco de Mayo! That's right, we know how to celebrate Cinco de Mayo...well the Lord does. So let me just tell you about a little miracle that happened yesterday.... We went on an exchange so Hermana Dezzeo could go see a former investigator get baptized, I stayed here and went to go see Carolina and her family (from Mexico). As we were about to start, Angel, the best friend of Carolina's husband knocked the door, came in and sat down. -Side note: Angel is a former investigator who has had a really rough past- We started to read with them from the book of Mormon, 3 Nefi 27. As we read there was an overwhelming peace that entered in the room. We started talking about how our purpose here in this life is to do the things the Savior did, to follow him, to repent, be baptized, and endure to the end. I then asked Angel what he could do to follow his Savior...his reply was, 'be baptized, change my life, and do what i know is right.' In that moment, the spirit was so strong, and so I invited him to follow the footsteps of his Savior and be baptized the 13 of May...he said sure, and then I said actually, how about el Cinco de Mayo? He replied, “that sounds like a way better date.” Last night he came to a baptism with us and was telling everyone he was getting baptized the 5th of May. Angel was lost, he was struggling, but the Lord has been preparing him. I know the Spirit testified to every person in that room, in that moment, of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, of the importance of following the Savior and doing what was right. Someone said that 'when we invite people to come unto Christ, the gates of hell tremble'...I know the gates of hell were trembling, I know that this gospel is true. I know that this is the way back to eternal peace and happiness...it is so so sweet. I love you all. Miss you. Cubo RR