I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012 Alexandria!! I love this place! Its so crazy here, so historical, so sweet. Papa Wally would love it here, haha. There is a George Washington monument and its a Masonic Temple.... its sick, every time I see it I think of Papa. Another reason why I like it here is because its ghetto haha. The other day we were teaching a lesson and I get bit by a 4 year old black child with an afro haha...he then proceeded to cuss me out! I loved it! So anyways, there is a place here called Chileagua. Named after a province in El Salvador, its a bunch of really ghetto broken down apartment buildings where all the Hispanics live and we cant go there at night, but man, it’s here where they need the gospel the most. They are so sad, so lost and so blinded. All you can do is try to share with them a little but of peace and hope that they have the faith to accept it...sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. It’s crazy. I remember reading somewhere that the greatest thing to cure the sadness in the world is the gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it is true. Because it is a gospel of love and light and of happiness. There is no greater thing that we as human beings can do than share with people the love that Jesus Christ has. We have to, everyone needs it, we have to radiate is love and we have to give it. I Love you all so much. Cubo RR