I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

August 27, 2012


Hope all are doing well this week. 

As for me out here in Fredricksburg, everything is going really well.  The work down here is way different than in the city, a lot more driving, less apartments, and there are less Hispanics, so you really have to go searching for them.  So we knock a lot of trailer parks which is just buck wild haha, so many different people, we are definitely in the south now haha.  It's so wild, so many silly stories there,  I remember watching on NBC Dateline once this documentary about the people who live in the Appalachian mountains and how there are so many that struggle with illiteracy and drink mountain dew instead of water cause its cheaper, and well, I've met a few people who come from that lifestyle, and all I want to do is give them the gospel and help them overcome it all, but its so hard to help them realize that the truth is right at their door...
 
Knocking on doors, you get to meet so many different people with so many different things happening in their lives and it's like they're are out there drowning in all of their social, physical, economic and spiritual problems and all we can do to help them is share with them the gospel of Jesus Christ, its like we are throwing them a lifesaver, sometimes they take it and a lot of times they won't, and it's mostly because they are waiting for the helicopter to come pick them up, waiting for the sign..  I hope and pray so much that someday these people, who are our brothers and sisters will come to find true happiness and joy, will be able to see that all the peace they need comes through Jesus Christ and His gospel.
 
Something awesome that has happened to us though is we have been blessed with an incredible miracle!  My first Sunday here in this area, an Hermana from an English ward came in to our ward with a women named Angela who had just moved into her house.  Angela is from El Salvador and was super catholic.  We went over to her house last week and started teaching her, she was telling us that she was super catholic until she started to read the bible and began to see that there were somethings that were missing, ever since then, she stopped worshipping the virgin Mary and started looking for the religion that had it all...and now is being prepared to be baptized this month!  She is incredible.  We were explaining to her about the plan that god has for us, why we are here, and all she could say was, "yo quiero vivir en el reino celestial con dios, yo me quiero bautizar! "  I want to live with god, I want to get baptized!   It just clicks for her, I know that she has been being prepared for this moment, I know that there are so many people out there searching for the truth but cannot find it because they know not where to look, and we, who have it have to share it.  I'm so grateful for her, for this gospel, for the truth I have in my life.  I know it's true.  I love you so much momma, thanks for being an example of truth to me.
Cubo,
RR
 
PS: Happy Birthday Nnika and Chris!  Love you guys!
Emily Lehikainen!!!! I'm so estoked for you babaaay gurl!  Love you