I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

September 24, 2012


Dear Family: 

We found on Saturday night a woman named Nina, momma, she is so sweet.  She is from Mexico and lives with one of her three sons, the other two live in Mexico with her parents.  She is working to support all 4 of them in Mexico.  It was crazy, as she let us into her apartment and we started to talk with her, I could just see how tired she was, how much she needed peace, the peace that comes from the gospel and immediately i thought of Mathew, when Jesus says, "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and i will give ye rest."  I knew, in that moment that I was in the right place, that there was no where else in this world i needed to be but there, with her.   So we began to share with her and well, the incredible thing about her is that in Veracruz, Mexico, about 13 years ago she had spoken with missionaries, read the Book of Mormon and attended church regularly.  She lost contact with the elders when she moved, but we invited her to be baptized and she smiled big and said yes, that she had gone to baptisms of her friends and that was something she was wanting to do.  There is nothing more special than that, than finding someone who has been searching.  I know momma, that this gospel is true, that it is the thing that brings us eternal happiness.  I love you so much and am so grateful for the example that you are to me.  Tell every one I love them.  Be happy, cause momma, we are so blessed!
 
Cubo
RR