I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

September 10, 2012


Mommy----
 
Sounds like Africa is just buck wild.  Keep enjoying it, just think, how many times will you get to be secluded in another country.  I love you so much and am so grateful for all your support.  Everything here is going good.  Just working hard and trying to make God proud.  I'm really trying to just focus on becoming the best that I can especially now that time is a matter.  Man momma, I love my mission so much, I'm so grateful for the things it has taught me and the way that I have grown...this will forever be the best decision of my life.  I think anytime we chose to draw closer to the Savior it's the best decision of our lives though, it just brings so much more light and peace to us.  This may sound wild, but I find more comfort and peace in my life now as a missionary with non stop days than I ever did in Hawaii.  It just goes to show, there is a difference between happiness and joy.  Happiness is the momentary satisfaction, its the fleeting gratification, but joy, it's lasting, it's an inner peace and it comes by following the Savior...(now I'm sure there is a balance between the two in this life and we need to find that balance.) But I'm grateful for the time I have to follow the Savior, to walk with Him and share the gospel with people.  That's the only thing that can truly change people's lives...so momma, those people that you see in Africa, I know how badly you want to help them and although you cant bring momentary happiness to them economically, you can give them joy - so snag some pass along cards from the missionaries and go buck!  Give em out like Matty did when he had just gotten home and we were in San Francisco for Christmas.  Remember how he gave them to everyone...I always thought he was so weird but now, I get it.  
I love you momma.
I'm so proud of you.
Tell everyone I love them so much.
 
Cubo
Raquel