I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

I hope they call me on a mission, oh wait, they did


Well it is now official, I am going on a mission. I have been called to serve in the Washington DC South Mission, Spanish speaking. I report to the MTC June 1. I cannot explain the roller-coaster of emotions I have had in the last 5 months. I left hawaii, my home since I was 17 to come back to Modesto, a place where the constant reminders of tragedy and hardship have occurred. Why did I leave hawaii, because I knew I needed to change, I knew I needed something more in my life, I needed happiness. I found that in the atonement of jesus christ, I found that in the love and support of my family, I found it in the scriptures and in prayer. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God called to restore this church, and I know that President Monson is a true prophet today, who receives modern revelation. I know that anything is possible through prayer. I love this gospel and look forward to sharing it with those, like I was, who are in need, searching, hoping for something better.