I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

Pascal's Wager

I've been thinking a lot about Pascal's wager. A lot about how hard it is to believe in something that isnt right in front of you believing in something that seems irrational. Pascal basically says that it is in our best interest to believe in God because the rewards of living an obedient life are far greater than those of not. i spent a lot of my life believing in and living Pascal's wager.

There was a moment about 5 months ago, when i came to realize that this theory that I was living by was no longer a wager, I was living something that I believed in. I prayed and prayed, I left things, people, hawaii, my home, which I loved, and I decided to dedicate 18 months of my life to go on a mission. It is all because i knew that believing in God was very much rational. I knew that the book of mormon was true, i knew that God was listening to my prayers, therefore there was no way i could go on living as if God was "maybe" real. I could not deny it any longer and i knew that if i continued to put off what i believed I would become unhappy.

It took me hoping that God was there and living like he was there to truly realize that he IS there..

Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you come to realize that two things are essential, that is faith and humility. It takes faith to trust in God when you don't know and humility to seek him out, to pray and to listen.