I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

June 21, 2011

Hey everyone.
This week has been really long, there have been a lot of things going on, lots of classes, lessons taught and lots of spanish. We have been teaching lessons to an investigator (a teacher playing one of her investigators), we talked about the plan of salvation and how families could be together forever and then asked her to be baptised and she said yes. It was so amazing, even though it was pretend, the spirit was still there and I was stoked. I cant wait to really get out and teach people. Lets see, so I have two companions, Hermana Taylor(DC) and Hermana Griffith(Florida), and one roommate, Hermana Duplesis (she is buck haha). Hermana Taylor is from Utah and so silly, I love her. Hermana Griffith is really shy and quiet but super faithful. Hermana Duplessis is from canada, always optimistic, stoked on the gospel and she is on her way to honduras today. She is also really strict on the rules which is a good thing and a hard thing. One night at 10:15 which is quiet time(according to hermana duplessis it means no talking) Hermana Taylor had to blow dry her hair and it was 10:10...hermana duplessis shook her finger at her and walked her outside, she told her that there were way better hair dryers in the bathroom, I walk in the bathroom to see hermana taylor in her robe, squatting under a hand dryer, across from her was a sister from china doing the same thing and flossing at the same time. Oh, the sight of those two will forever be in my mind, so so silly. What else has happened...I got called to be the coordinating sister for my zone, the language is coming more and more, I find myself wanting to write things in spanish instead of english. It is amazing how much the Lord blesses those that are doing all that they can, the more obedient I am the more I learn. So this upcoming week, we are having the new mission presidents come in which means lots of apostles are here at the MTC. Tonight we have a devotional so we will probably have an apostle speak. Last night I heard a talk from President Eyring, he was talking about not putting things off till tomorrow. It is so interesting, I spent so much of my life waiting for tomorrow and now that I am here I realize how important it is to not put anything off. The gospel is true. I am so grateful that I am here, even though i still miss hawaii this is the place where I need to be. This is the hardest work but it is the most rewarding. I love you all, I miss you all

Cubo,
RR

PS: Kerrissa- where are you?
MOM- Pday is on tuesday love you and I am writing you a letter now (i only get 30 minutes on the computer)
David- there are elders going to McAllen next to my room...made me think of you