I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

June 14, 2011

Hey,

This week was wild, it went by so fast...the week did that is, the days take forever but the weeks fly by. I have been thinking a lot about how much the Lord loves his missionaries. He provides a way for us to be able to get so much accomplished in one day, he gives us the best teachers, he gives us the spirit. This work is hard, but also extremely worth it and so rewarding. I have come to a realization that it is essential that I be patient. The Lord knows what I need and when I need it, he WILL NOT let me fall. Everytime I feel like I am struggling a small miracle happens, I will read a scripture, meet someone, or teach an amazing lesson where the spirit is just overwhelming. I have found that the best way to face hard times is by working harder, praying harder and studying harder. I cant explain it, it just works, the Lord blesses you when you are doing all that you can to be obedient to him.

This week we sang a hymn at a fireside and the last verse really resonated with me.
"Do what is right, be faithful and fearless; onward press onward the goal is in sight.
Eyes that are wet now, ere long will be tearless, blessings await you in doing whats right."
I have thought recently about my struggle in deciding to go on a mission and actually following through on it, I am so glad that I am here, that I stayed faithful. This is were I need to be, the gospel is true. So many people deserve to be able to hear it.

I sat with the president of the MTC on sunday and ate lunch with him. We got to talking a lot about my life and Dad, he shared with me a scripture in DC 84:87-88. It talks about how the Lord will be with those missionaries, he will be on the right and on the left and his spirit will be in our hearts and his angels round about me. President Brown said that it wouldnt surprise him if dad was with me while I am out here. I like to think grandpa is with me as well. I know that as I do all that I can, the Lord will not allow me to fail. Be humble, be obedient and work hard, do all that you can and the Lord will help you with the rest.

Love you all, Cubo,
RR

Higgy- I need your address so i can write you! write me again, por favor?
Kerissa- Where are you?
Kevo- And you? where are you?