I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

June 7, 2011

Hey,

So I guess I made it through the first week haha. Its been long, I feel like I have been here for at least three weeks, those first two days were a blur haha. This experience has been a roller coaster of emotions, it is the hardest work that I have ever done but also the most rewarding. I have gained more knowledge in the last 6 days than I can even explain. The language is coming quickly, I find myself speaking spanish to go to sleep haha. To be able to feel the spirit like I can in the MTC is amazing. I feel so close to my Heavely Father. It is amazing for me to see so many faithful young members here in the MTC, over 2000 young men and women, most of them young men, the faith that they have, and the humility, I have never seen it before. And there are a lot of kids here from BYU Hawaii, its wild.
On sunday night we had a fireside and all of us sang "called to serve", the spirit filled the room. We started the song off slowly and then gradually got louder till the last verse when we all stood up, 2000 voices booming, "onward ever onward...!" It made me think of my experience here, I started out ready to preach the gospel but being more reserved because I am afraid of saying something wrong, but the more I learn and study and understand the language I feel myself wanting to share the message of the gospel with everyone. This gospel is true, I know it is, I cannot deny it. I have prayed about it and the Lord continues to answer my prayers. He loves us so much. That is the beautiful thing about the gospel, that we can pray about it, to know if it is true and he will answer us. "If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God" James 1:5. Never waste a moment not knowing if this church is true, the time is not worth wasting.
Remember to always have faith and to always, always be humble. Those are the two most important things I have learned, to be humble and to have faith. This is His work. I am so honored to be here.

I love you all, I miss you all.
Cubo,
Rachey


-Boofy, I got your letter, I will join the choir, I need your email or address or both so I can talk to you. I love my companions, hermana taylor is buck, hermana griffith is so sweet.
-Lindsay and Matty love you both like none other, love your child. Matty the coordinating sister in my district is from New Brunswick and a convert, got baptized in 2008, made me think of you, love you.
-Mom, you are the best, thanks for writing me, love you. tell everyone I miss them.

I will send pictures soon...