I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

July 12, 2011

Hey family,

I now have 3 weeks left...not that Im counting down or anything haha. This place is incredible but Im not gonna lie, Im ready to get out into the field and just start working. This week has been really good. Ive been learning lots of spanish, speaking lots of it too. Another thing that I have been doing a lot of is beach volleyball, minus the ocean, esta bien. Its so nice to be able to get outside after being in class for 6 hours. Uhm, lets see, Ive been thinking a lot about a lot of different things this last week. The first thing is the idea of trial of your faith. I was reading in Ether 12 about faith and how you recieve a witness only after the trial of your faith. I think throughout my life I have had many different "trials of faith" each one I seemed to handle differently,the times when I turned to Christ, when I stayed strong were the times when I was able to handle these trials. They were the moments when I found myself being comforted. Mom, you always have told me that its not the trials that we face but the way that we face them, I feel like I now truly understand what you meant when you would say that. I remember that night in Hawaii when you and I were sitting at Temple Beach looking at the moon and just talking about life. I was so lost then, and I remember expressing to you how angry I was about dad and grandpa and life. Your answer was to stay faithful, while I ignored your advice at that time, it has always been something that has stuck with me, no matter what stay faithful. I think that is the thing that eventually got me back on track, was your faith. Another thing that I have been thinking about is perserverance, not just perserverance but patient perserverance. Grandpa was always an example of this to me. I feel so honored and lucky to have been able to be so close to such a strong, humble patient man. He truly was so giving, and so patient. Anytime when I start to think that I cant do something, I think of grandpa and I just grin and do it and always it ends up strengthening me. Mom, I just want you to know how much I love you, your faith, how grateful I am for grandpa everyday of my life, I am not lying when I say sometimes I feel so close to him out here. The gospel is true, there is not a doubt in my mind. I will can not deny it. I love in JS History verses 1:24-25, although I did not have the same experience as Jose Smith, I feel as he does, that I cannot deny the truthfullness of this gospel. I cannot wait to get out to the field, to help others have the same joy that I have recieved from living the gospel. I am a personal witness that the Atonement can make you whole, and make you free. I have found peace in this. I love Jesucristo, I love you all. Thank you for being there for me. Next week I will be getting my travel plans so I will let you know when I will be able to call you at the airport, hopefully Boofy is there. Matty and Lindsay, I love you both hope all is well. tell parker baby that I love her. Granny Jo and Papa Wally, I think of you both frequently, I hope you know how much I love you. Granny Jo, Happy belated Birthday. To everyone else, I love you all.

Cubo,
RR

Kanelly y Cloudia- por favor me escriben, les amo
Kerissa- baby gurl, where are you?