I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

July 26, 2011

Hola,

A lot has happened this week. We had an amazing talk by an emeritus seventy member and his sweet wife spoke. She bore testimony of how much she loves the book of mormon and how it is an essential tool to life. I honestly can say that I am in love with the scriptures. Its been a new development but I love reading, haha, I love the scriptures.

Something that hit me this week was in Mathew, Jesus is eating with the sick and the sinners and the scribes are saying, why is he sitting with the sick and the sinners...then Jesus says, they that are whole need not a physician but they that are sick basically saying he has come to help those that are in need and are willing to humble themselves and come to him. He truly is my savior, the savior of the world. All it takes is for us to humble ourselves and come to him and he always, always forgives. He has so much love, so much compassion, and faith. I strive everyday to become more like him. Another cool thing that I read was in Mark 10:29-30...I have moments where I miss Hawaii still. When I came across this I knew that I was were I needed to be. I have been given so much, the Lord has blessed my life incredibly and so it is my responisbility to give what I can back, to share with those that are in need. I just am grateful for this gospel in my life, Im grateful for the knowledge that I ahve been given.

Okay, other stuff that happened this week: flight plans are here, I leave august 3 at 10am for DC. So i will be calling home at 7 am california time, keep your cell phone on you; last night at 2 am we got evacuated from our dorm because the fire alarm went off haha, it was the silliest mayhem you'd ever see. All kinds of sisters running around in their robes and garments in panic bahaha, so silly. I just went on the grass and slept, 15 minutes later, we got let back in. Uhm, that is about all the excitement I have for you. Things are just sort of winding up here at the MTC, im trying to learn as much as I can and be as efficient as I can. Im nervous to get to DC, the real stuff begins, Im excited to teach in spanish, I know that me learning this language has been a miracle, I mean 7 weeks ago I knew nothing and now I can teach and talk to people in spanish. I cant wait for the adventures in DC. I love you all and miss you all too. Nonie, happy birthday, I love you, I think of you a lot and hope you know what an example you are for me.

Cubo,
RR