I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

August 2, 2011

Welp, here we go. I leave tomorrow at 10 am. Heading to DC, a straight flight. I should be there at about 4 pm. Im not gonna lie, Im really nervous, I wish my spanish was better, I wish I was better but I just have to have faith. The MTC has been really good. Hard at times but for the most part really good. I was so blessed here, to be able to learn and grow. Ive been pondering a lot lately DC 4. In verse two it talks about serving with all your heart might mind and strength. Ive been trying to decide what that means to me and I have come to this conclusion: serving with all my heart means to love the people, to devote my love to them and to the savior, to give all that i can to those I teach and to the members in the ward and to become selfless, to charity and to be diligent. Might is to work, to focus myself, push myself even when i feel tired and feel as though i cant go on. Mind is to be thinking about the work, to not let things distract me from the people, right now, nothing is more important than what I am doing now, no person, no place, just doing the Lords work. Strength is to continue walking, to continue knocking. I hope that I can be what the Lord needs me to be. I know what is expected of me, I know what I expect. All i can do now is live up to that which is expected. I love you all so much. I will be calling you tomorrow and i cant wait to talk to you. Hope all is well.
Cubo
RR

Shelby- you are my hero, just so you know. I lost your address but I have a letter for you. I will send it to you from DC i guess. Love you.
KC Barnes- email me maybe if you want to, I need to hear from my favorite cousin
Granny Jo and Papa- I love you both, hope all is well, thinking of you.