I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

August 15, 2011

Hey,

I dont even know where to start haha. There has been so much that has happened. I have been speaking a lot more spanish and meeting a lot of incredible people. There are people from all over the world here in Arlington, and everyone here commutes to DC for work. The Hispanics we teach are from all over too, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, Mexica, El Salvador (KANELLE), Guatemala, Puerto Rico, the DR, Argentina...thats all that I can remember for now, but yeah we teach and meet people from everywhere. Uh, so right now we are teaching this man Luis and his wife carmen. He is from Mexico and she is from Peru. They are legit, during lessons, whenever she has a question about the Libro de Mormon, he will sit there and testify that it is a true book, that completes the Bible. Yesterday we were teaching them and talked about covenants, Luis goes to his room and brings back a letter he wrote to God..he wrote it in a contract format, he wrote it this month last year. He wouldnt tell us what was in it but said that He wanted to fulfill the contract. He is so faithful and so humble. We took them to a Baptism last night too, it was the first baptism Ive seen since katie got baptized I think, I dont think I understood the importance of people being baptized truly, until last night. Baptism is that step that brings people closer to Christ and allows them to always have that guidance. Last night I was pondering a lot about it, its so incredible, we have it so easy. Christ did everything that we couldnt do. All we have to do, is follow him, have faith, be baptized, try our best. Anything that we are unable to do, he makes up the rest. We are so lucky to have someone who loves us so much. Another thing I have been thinking about is how lucky I am to be meeting the people I meet. With every person, I find myself wanting to be better. In 3 Nefi, when Jesus Christ comes to the Americas, angels minister to the people and Christ says that these people, the lamanites have more faith so they are able to see more miracles than the Jews. The people that I am teaching have this faith, they are humble and ready to learn. I am so blessed to be apart of this. I love you all so much and miss you.
Cubo,
RR

ps...Matty, happy birthday, hope your face gets better. Lindsay, go to waiamea and think of me...Caroline and Seth, good luck with Affrica...David, call Heylee...Ashley be good in utah...Katie.., yeah, love you haha. And momma, you da best