I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

August 22, 2011

Another week has come and gone...it is so crazy how quickly time goes by out here...haha, there were so many sick things that happened this week. So many miracles everyday. Im sure I have told you all this before, but I am so humbled by every person I meet out here. Every person inspires me to be better, whether it be that they were just really kind or they shut the door in our face, I just want to be better. I have been really trying my best to just become the person that I like, to just be simpler, nicer, patient, all of it. To be kinder, more loving, more giving, more patient, more faithful. Life is so much more fun and better when you are loving others and not thinking about yourself. I cant believe sometimes how selfish I have been in my life, so focused on what would make me happier, what would make me look better...when really it had nothing to do with me! I just am so grateful to know that there is so more, having an eternal perspective really changes everything you do. Anyways, I wanna tell you all about a sweet lesson we had on Sunday. We are teaching this girl Mari. She is so faithful, so intune with the spirit. So yeah, we were teaching her the first lesson and I was talking to her about the Jesus Christ's life on earth. I told her how he was baptized and read with her from Mathew 3:14-18(i think)...in the last verse of that chapter the heavens open and Jesus recieves the Holy ghost and then God says behold this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased. I told Mari that I know that when everyone of us are baptized or follow the example of Jesus Chirst, God says that about each of us, because we are his children and he loves us. You could just feel the spirit in the room and she was stoked when she heard it. Its super interesting cause its one of those things where I said it, but it came totally not from me, it came from the spirit. And after it was said it rocked me. It hit me so hard last night, that God is our loving heavenly father. He created each and everyone of us. He love us unconditionally, he crys when we cry and he worries over the same stuff we do, and he wants us to be happy. He wants the best for us and he has a plan for us. I know that. I know that families can be together forever. I know that this gospel is true. I know that we have all been given so much and blessed so much, and I am grateful forever for that. It is interesting how for so long I felt like I shouldnt have to sacrifice my wants for anyone or anything, momma, out here, I am so willing to sacrifice hawaii, friends, home, because I know that I have been blessed. I know that Jesus Christ died for me, for all of us, and I know that not a single person should go on living this life without being able to feel the peace that comes from having faith in him. That is why I am here..although hard at times, it is so much greater than me and I am growing more than I have in a long time. haha. Loving you all, missing you all.
Cubo,
RR

ps...I may have accidently bought a cheap guitar out here :) shorry, I needed it so bad haha and let me tell you this much, it has brought so much joy, en verdad. Love everyone of you. Ashley-enjoy utah-be good. David-same to you..love you(need your email). Katie-enjoy being home with mom. Boofy y Seth- be safe in africa. Matty- happy birthday. Lindsay- get buck. Mom- you already know everything:) I love you more than words can tell and miss you siempre. SHELBY WOOD!!! i lost your address :( email it to me rapido por favor, mi amor. love ju