I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

August 8, 2011

Dear Family,

So here it is, I am in Arlington, VA out searching for Hispanics trying to teach them the gospel. haha. My companion is awesome. We have so much in common, she likes to surf and we have some similiar life experiences. Her name is Hermana Balsley, from Hollister California. She has been out in the mission for just over a year. Its so sick, we get along super well. This has been quite an adventure. The first night here we stayed with the mission president at his house and he took us to see the Temple and the Lincoln monument. It was all so cool, the temple here is beautiful. Its kind of surreal that im here in the DC area. Anyways, so me and Hermana Balsley are kind of white washing this area, we just go out and knock doors, like crazy. Its so awesome. We work super hard and it is so rewarding when people are like yeah, come back and teach more. The Hispanic people are incredible, they are so humble and so in touch with the spirit. We have had some really sick lessons, its so amazing how the spirit works, its like even though I dont know what is being said a lot of the time, when the spirit is there, I can feel it and the investigators feel it too. Its the universal language. So cool story, we have been praying to find a family, and Saturday night we were going to visit a less active member, we had a GPS but we got lost haha. So we got out and started knocking, we knocked every door and they were all white. Then I saw a 7/11 and I said lets go tract in there. So we did. It was about 8:55, we were standing in the parking lot for like 20 seconds and this car pulls up...its a hispanic family! We talked to them for a little bit (by we I mean i bore my testimony and Hermana Balsley talked). We asked if they would like to hear more and the father said yes. He gave us his address, number, name. So stoked. The milagro of the day. Oh and than after that, we were trying to get home but we ended up getting lost, out by the pentagon and the capital haha..so silly...just a little joy ride. Yeah, so things are going good, just working, looking for people, teaching. Its so crazy the stoke that comes from the gospel. Its like when you have the spirit with you, everything is just good, no matter how many doors are shut in your face, life is still good. The spanish is coming, its slow, but its coming...sometimes i have no idea what is being said haha, its all good though, I can bear my testimony and pray like a PRO. Ive been thinking a lot lately about how I ended up being out here, today I found my answer. I was reading in Moses 5 about Adan. There is a part where an angel appears to him and asks him why he is offering sacrifices to the Lord. Adan humbly responds, i know not save the Lord commanded me. A veces in life, we dont know why we are doing the things we are doing, but as long as we are obedient, and have hope, the Lord will bless us. He guides us always. He loves us so much, and only wants what is best for us, which is for us to be eternally happy, how sweet is that. All we have to do is have hope and follow him. In Moses 6, the Lord says to Enoch, Walk with me. That is all it takes to be humble and to walk with him.
I love you all so much.
Cubo,
RR

ps pictures next time maybe