I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

August 29, 2011

Well....its been an exciting week out hurrr in Virginia haha. First an earthquake then the hurricane. So the earthquake hit on Wednseday (I think). We were just sitting in the apartment and all of a sudden the whole building started shaking...Me and Hermana Balsley were saying, 'is this really happening', yeah it did. It wasnt serious at all where we are, but I did hear it put a crack in the Washington Monument just 5 miles down the road. So then, later the next day, we get a call from president saying that there is going to be a hurricane comming our way and we needed to get a 72 hour kits ready. We went to the store and apperently everyone in Virginia had already been, there was no water..the store had been raided haha. Saturday afternoon, the hurricane was supposed to hit. That morning we went out working and found a lot of people(because everyone was home). Then at about 4, it started pouring and there were some heavy winds, but really it wasnt bad here at all, so we just kept going as if it were a normal day. We were super blessed that day to find a lot and get a lot of lessons. So in all everything is good. Uhm, something I have been thinking a lot about lately is how important it is to have faith, and to humble ourselves. We went to a home Saturday night and someone asked if we had ever seen a literal miracle. I had to think for a minute and I told him of one. And as unexplainable and incredible it was, he still was like 'no I mean like seas parting or water into wine type miracles'. All I could think was man, open your eyes, there are so many miracles everyday. Its just a matter of allowing yourself to see them, to feel them, to open your heart and your eyes. I remember being out in hawaii and looking at the sky and knowing that that was a miracle. I think it is kind of silly to ask God to show you a miracle when he already has shown us so many. I mean we are here, on an earth, breathing, living, learning. That is all a miracle. How great God is. I am finding myself more and more humbled everyday to know that everything I have and everything I can do is through him. Without him, we are nothing. I just hope that I can do my best, that I can be meek enough, humble, peaceful, loving , obedient enough so that he can mold me into what he needs me to be. I know that through him I am able to be here, to be happy, to have a family, to learn, grow, to speak spanish haha, through him all is possible. Through him we find true happiness, peace and love. If we can all just humble ourselves, be kinder, be more giving, less focused on ourselves and more on helping others,more loving. Loving you all, missing you.

Cubo
RR

ps... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!! you are da' best in the entire world.