I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

September 6, 2011

This week...lets see, I don't even really know where to begin. So we have an incredible new investigator, her name is Ana. She is the sweetest woman ever. She never lies and is like the only investigator I have ever encountered that actually calls us to tell us she needs to cancel or move an appointment back (the other investigators just don't show up or don't answer the door haha). Anyways we taught her the first lesson on Saturday night and the spirit was there so strong. We were sharing with her the story of Joseph Smith and as I started to talk about how he prayed, I shared the first vision. As I was saying it, she started reciting the first vision when Joseph saw Moroni...how incredible, she knew the words of Joseph smith, they had touched her heart, she is ready. She then said that the verse in James 1:5 is a scripture she had been looking for, for a while. It is so amazing, she is looking for the exact same thing Joseph was looking for, the exact same thing every person in this world is looking for, for the truth. She now knows how she can receive an answer, how she can find the answer. It is so humbling to be apart of this great work, cause truly that is all I am, a part of it. The Lord has a plan, he knows who needs what and how they are going to get it, all I can do is try to be as obedient, focused, faithful and willing so that he can mold me into the tool that he needs to do the work. Its interesting to think about this, but I had a thought that hit me the other day, right now, I am exactly where I need to and am supposed to be in my life. How crazy is that, to know, to know that the Lord has set aside this year and a half for me to be right here in Virginia. Its so funny cause sometimes, I think if I had it my way, I know I would be in Hawaii, but somehow, I ended up here, somehow, through it all, I made it out on a mission (even when I wasn't so stoked to do it). The Lord allowed me to find a way around myself and my thoughts and got me on this mission. I am humbled. I love you all so much. Thank you for being my family and my friends, you are all so dear and important to me.
Cubo,
RR

ps..Shelbs, shelbby, shelbster! I need your address..porfavor. te quiero mucho