I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

Sept. 19, 2011

Aloha Family,

Let me just start off by saying, man I miss Hawaii! I woke up three days ago to go running and it was 49 degrees outside....I mean really, already, its only September...how I pray this winter goes fast haha. I made it through my first transfer and am stoked that I get to stay here in the city for at least another 6 weeks. It is just so sweet to be living where I live, so close to WashingtonDC and to the heart of Arlington, I really love it. So this past week, we have been working really hard, trying to find solid investigators. Its hard because so many people are willing to listen to us(Si, pasense, quiero eschuchar las palabras de Dios, quiero escuchar), but when it comes to actually acting and coming to church or praying they lose interest. That's so sad to see because they have the answer right in front of them, all they have to do is pray, or read, or come to church, make a small commitment, try it out and...they just don't want to do it. It has really made me think super hard about how important it is to progress in this life, to work hard, to know the truth and to have a purpose. Life is so easy to get caught up in, the things that are unimportant are made out to be "so vital" by the worlds standard. When we take a step back though and think about what is most important, it is not work, the beach, having a nice body, being better than other people, partying..The important things are the gospel, the relationships in our lives (families and friends), the person that we become. Life is more than the world, more than the vain, repetitious things, we are human, so its hard to see it, but there is so much more joy and happiness to come. Now is our time to prepare ourselves, to learn and to grow and to better ourselves, we cant take the good things forgranted. I am so grateful for this new perspective that I have gained out here. I am starting to know who I want to be and who I need to be. I love the people out here, I love speaking spanish, I love knocking random doors of different people and just learning something every time, I love silly people, I love being exhausted because I haven't napped in months, I love that somehow I am still waking up at 6:30 in the morning, I love how blessed I have been, I love this gospel, I love Jesus Christ so much its almost silly. And I love you all.

Cubo
RR