I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

September 12, 2011

Family-

This week has been a really long week haha. So yesterday we were suppose to have a baptism of this couple, Luis and Carmen, we have been teaching them since the second week I got out here. They are so incredible, however, they just werent ready. It is interesting, one thing that I think I have learned this week is that there is huge difference in having faith and acting on your faith. You have to have them both, have faith, read the scriptures and then keep the commandments, go to church be willing to have not just your heart open to the gospel, but follow it. I have faith that they will get baptized, its just a matter of them truly committing. On the other hand though, Sunday (their date to be baptized) we went out and tracted for about 3 hours and found 8 new investigators...so sick. It just goes to show that there are people out here in this world that want to know more, they are willing, they just need to be found. Another thing that I have really been pondering lately is the concept of Eternal life...its such a huge concept, but I dont know, it amazes me. My perspective of life has changed so much in the last 4 months and my reasons for doing things have changed too. I think I have come to see that the person I become here and the skills I attain they are coming with me in the end. This life is so much more than being a great surfer, having a great body, being really good at watching tv, or mountain biking or skateboarding...those things, I dont think they will mean that much in the end. I think it is the knowledge you attain, the love that you have for others, the strength that you have, those are the things that I feel like are more worth developing...granted I still want to have a great body and be really good at bodysurfing and I enjoy all of those things haha. I guess I am just saying that I have come to see that there is so much more than this, this life is just a small part in the plan. When I explain this life I think of the word "prueba" or trial in spanish. This life is a trial, a test, to see what we are going to do and if we do well, do all that we can, become our best selves, become closer to our Savior, we are going to be able to experience the most unattainable joy, a joy that here we cant even imagine, the best high ever(gullp). I just know there is so much more and I know that I want to do all I can now to always progress, to become who I am supposed to be. I ponder a lot about who I want to see up there in the "los cielos" with me and you know it is all of you. The thought of a single one of you not there makes me sick. I picture it now, its just like hawaii, with hukilau and pounders as my backyard and a golf course as the front yard and a nice little cheap beach house...and all of you there with me, my family, my friends, everyone I love or have come to love...I want you all to be there. I just know that now we have to do all that we can so we can all live in Hawaii together for eternity haha:)
I love you all and am missing you all.

Im about to get out on my bike and tur it up out hurr in Virginia haha
Run dem' streets.

Cubo,
RR