I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

September 28, 2011

Dear Family,

So we had a sick experience last monday at the temple with an investigator, her name is Marilee. She is so incredible, so faithful. She has always had a strong faith in God and in the Bible. She originally had a baptismal date for the middle of September she fell out of contact with us for a couple weeks. Last week though we saw her and she told us about how she had a concern with the plan of salvation. She has always felt that there could only be a heaven and a hell, and nothing in between (Im not gonna lie, that seems so sad to me, I know that God loves every single one of us because we are his children, he would never want us to suffer.) Anyways, so we took her to the temple visitors center and watching finding faith in christ, then we went and taught her the plan of salvation again. We talked about how much the Lord loves us, how he sent his son to provide a way for us to return, we talked about how he would never want to lose a single one of us, how merciful he is and his plan for us is. After we shared all of this we asked her what she thought, the spirit was so strong she said, pienso que este es real y...voy a bautisarme. October 9th Marilee is going to be baptized she has a true testimony that this is the gospel of jesus christ, that God loves her and has a plan for her, she knows that through baptism she can live with her father in heaven again and with her family forever.

Oh how merciful the Lord is, how giving and loving he is. I cannot get over it, I think a lot about why I came out here on a mission, it was to give back to God what he gave me and the ironic thing is, I find that I cant do this work without his help. I will forever owe him, because without him I am nothing. He is always giving, always providing the way for me to progress, to be better, to do his will, I am so humbled by him. Its so crazy to me to think about how blessed I have been since I have come out here. I have gained such a greater perspective on my life, on the things that I want, the person that I hope to become. I am truly blessed. I love you all so much.



Cubo,
RR

ps..some pictures....temple, Me and Mysha, my MTC district, Hermana Balsley y Yo (we got free pizza one night)