I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

October 3, 2011

Hey everyone,
Welp, things out here in Arlington are really really cold. I guess with October came the cold. It was 45 degrees the other day, cheeeyup, Im not stoked about the winter. I guess it is a canadian wind coming through...gullp.
Anyways, everything has been going really good, we just are out working hard. Marilee is getting baptized on Sunday, I am so happy for her, she just knows the truth, she knows that this is the church of jesus christ and she is stoked. Her family isnt supportive of her baptism, but she said after seeing conference, that it doesnt matter, she just wants to get baptized.
Oh, how sick was conference? I dont think I have ever sat through all 4 sessions in my life, and I think I didnt know 4 out of the 12 apostoles, but it was incredible. For the first time in my life I realized that there is a prophet on earth who guides and directs us. Thomas S. Monson, is a prophet of God, how lucky we are.
I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk, how powerful and incredible is God, he created everything, uncountable universes, the mountains, the ocean, and us...we are so little in comparsion to the vastness of his creations, and yet, all of us creations were created for us. I think a lot about that, how much God loves me, how aware he is of me. Everyday, I see a miracle, a tender mercy, and I know that he is aware of what I am doing. Another thing that hit me was how important it is to have our priorities in line, this life, right now, is only our time to prepare to meet god, to better ourselves,to become as close to Jesus Christ as we can. I long to be like Jesus Christ, to gain charity, to have true perspective. A scripture that I read pretty much everyday is Alma 7:23 "And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." I strive for this. I know that as I do my best and rely on the Lord, I can become more as my Savior, more humble, more gentle, more giving. Life is so much better when you have all of those things, it is so much more peaceful and easy.
Cubo,
RR
pictures-me and hermana balsley in DC