I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

October 11, 2011

Marily got baptized!!!

This woman is incredible, she is 23 years old and has so much faith. She is such an example to me. Sunday she showed up to church and she said to us, "where do I go to pay my tithing?" She hadnt even been baptized at that point. She just knows, she knows this is the gospel of jesus christ and she is going to live it faithfully. When she came to her baptismal service she was all dressed up, none of her family came, not even her husband, because they didnt want her to get baptized, but she said, "my family isnt here but I dont need them, I know I have something more here". She bore her testimony after she was baptized and was just saying that she wants to go out and share with others this message because she knows that it is true. Man, I am so humbled I cant even explain it. To have the conviction of Marily, its incredible. When she got out of the water she had tears coming down her face and she just embraced us both in a huge hug, all I could say was 'somos hermanas para siempre'. I know that Marily, Hermana Balsley and I will be connected forever, we were meant to meet eachother. I am so grateful to get to play a small part in this grand work that the Lord has. I know this church is true, I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and I know that sometimes, it is hard to live having this knowledge because we would rather do other things and not have the responsibility of knowing what is right, but in the grand scheme of it all, in reality, we are so much more blessed to have this knowledge, to know that God loves us and there is a plan, to know that we can mess up and the Savior will always be there to pick us back up. I am on a mission haha...that blows my mind. I love you all. Think of you often.

Cubo
RR