I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

October 17, 2011

So this Sunday Marily was confirmed into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! She is so good, after her confirmation she went and sat down with Hermana Hernandez in the pew and I just couldnt help but smile. Hermana Hernandez is the Relief Society president and she is the most christlike person I have ever met.... so charitable, she knows that the gospel is more important than money, work, time and she lives it. Well all I could think when I saw Marily sitting next to her was how similiar Marily is to Hermana Hernandez. Marily loves the gospel. Im sure I have told you all this but I am going to say it again...I am so humbled by the hispanis people and the people of the ward that I am in. They are so good, so willing to share and give. Most of them are converts to the gospel and its incredible because they just have an eternal perspective. If we could all have that eternal perspective and always remember it. I've heard before that we are to live in the world but not be of the world and you know, looking back on my life I would say that there was a good period where I was living in and I was in the world. I had allowed myself to be consumed in the pettiness of it all, I was making petty decisions, trying petty things, and using petty words. I was blinded by it all, But you know what, pettiness is not happiness. I think the greatest deciet that satan offers is that pettiness brings happiness, that wickedness is happiness or that the world is happiness. I see out here, the eternal view of it all, the larger picture. That everything we do, that who we become is for a purpose. As we develop ourselves, as we give of ourselves we truly become better and happier people. The people of this ward, they know that to everything they do there is a temporal consequence but even more a spiritual consequence, and so they devote themselves to the spiritual aspect, to the giving, to the serving others because they understand what the greatest gift of god is, they understand what true happieness is, it is the love of god, it is eternal life, it is living with our familes forever. When I think of the love of god...man! That is something unimagineable, something that words cant even explain, a high that is better than anything else. And the wild thing is that all we have to do is do all we can, and the Savior helps us make up the difference, we just have to try to master ourselves, to line ourselves with being obedient to the Savior, to work hard and to give more, and he will give us the rest. He will help us along the way as we turn to him. Just keep that eternal perspective. I love you all and miss you all.
Cubo
RR

ps-
a photo, me and hermana Balsley in DC.
We spent the day with Hermana Maria de Marylnd(really de Paraguay) She works in DC at PANHO or WHO. She is the best!