I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

July 5, 2011

Hey everyone,

As of tomorrow I will have been in the MTC for about 5 weeks...let me just say this, the MTC is amazing, the spirit is so strong here, I have learned a lot, but I am so ready to get outta here haha. I just want to go to DC and start teaching people, start speaking spanish, start loving the people. I am stoked for that. So this past week was really cool. On July 2, we had a patriotic fireside, we had a speaker(one of the District Presidents at the MTC) he has served as an advisor under 6 presidents. He talked to us about how the spirit of the Lord is in liberty. He spoke a lot about how special our country is, how lucky we are to have a nation founded on religious freedom, a nation where the restoration of the gospel could come to past. After his talk we got to go out and watch the fireworks from stadium of fire. It was kinda funny cause we were all caged in the MTC walls, watching the outside world haha. When I really think about this place, we are in a safehold, a place where the spirit is so strong, a place where we can learn a grow, a place where we are able to come closer to Christ, to follow him, the outside world is going to be a reality shock for me in that regard. Another really neat thing this week was Mission Conference, the MTC presidency spoke to us. One of my favorite talks was by President McIff, he shared a poem with us, ´Calf Path´ by Sam Frost. Its about a calf who treads a crooked path through a field, people see a clear path so they continue to walk this crooked path, for years and years, this path is walked, eventually it becomes a road, paved, and people continue to drive the road. I think that life is a lot like this, we see a paved crooked road, we see others walking on this road, so we decide to walk it instead of seeing that there is a faster straighter path, and that to me is following the example of Christ. It is an easier path, a happier path. Through Jesus Chirst, through faith, we can be changed, and a changed person can help change lives, can help change the world. Ive been thinking a lot about pride, about this gospel, people can know without a doubt that the gospel is true, but if they are not willing to have faith than that knowlegde easily becomes nothing. Faith is essential, humility is essential, not spending all of our energy on the things of the world is essential, and following the straight path is essential. The gospel is either true or it is not, there is no middle ground, there is no crooked path that you can walk, it is a straight pathway that can be followed through faith, repentance, humility, patience and perserverence. I love this gospel, I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ died for my mistakes and for my shortcomings. As I put my trust in him, I know that he will help push me the rest of the way, when I feel I that I cannot walk any further. I am grateful for you momma, for your unfailing faith and obedience, for your example. I love you all, I pray for you always.
Cubo,
RR

Clark S.= I dont know if you will see this but I always see Espen and the other Kid that went to your high school and I think of you and then I think of Ping Pong...hope you are doing good.
Kerissa= baby girl where you be?
Heyleeee= I need you address, write me.

Love you all