I'd like to think I'm the mess you'd wear with pride

July 19, 2011

Hey everyone,

I dont even know where to start right now, mostly because the weeks here seem to fade into one and i feel as if I have forgotten everything that has happened here (meanwhile the clock for my time to write is running, gullp). I miss you all and hope you are all doing good. Im excited for David and Ashley to get to go to Utah. Im stoked that KC is back, miss that lil' guy, although now im sure he weighs twice as much as me. Tell him he has 18 months to get better at ping pong than me, im sick of beating him at everything haha. So this week I was thinking a lot about priorities, about what is most important in life. I've decided to try and make some changes that have really helped me and will help anyone who implements them. I have been looking at everything that happens in my life and finding the good things in them. Some would say finding the light amongst hard or dark things. This has helped me so much, things become easier, and more beautiful. There is so much light in the world, so much good. It can be found in books, music, being with family, trials, sadness, happiness all of it has light, all of it has good to take from. Its just a matter of recognizing that good, seeing it, and storing it. It gives a whole new perspective on life. There are so many things in life that are more important than myself, and that is something that I am starting to see. Mom, people are so much more important, you all are so much more important than what I want and what I need. I would give anything for you all. I keep thinking about dad, about his quote "...If i have the love of this people than that will be enough". I've been thinking about what kind of missionary I want to be. I dont want them to feel that I am pushing baptism on them because that has nothing to do with why I came out here. I am here because I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. That he died for us so that we can be whole, so that we can find comfort, so that this life doesnt have to be as hard. I have felt the Atonement in my life, I have felt myself sadness before and then be snatched by the Saviors hand. Everyone deserves to be able to know that, to feel the love of the Savior. I hope to share that with them. The biggest thing I want coming away from this is to have gained a love for the people. I once heard that to love another person is to see the face of God, oh how great that is. I love you all, I think of you all and pray for you all.

Cubo,
RR

Kerissa- write me